Ever wish you could provide your customers with immediate cost savings for the installation of energy-efficient products instead of processing an incentive application? Good news, now you can!
The Energy Optimization program will be testing a residential midstream incentive pilot program for qualified HVAC and water heating products starting in January 2019.
How does a midstream program work?
- The equipment incentive is provided as an instant discount when a contractor purchases eligible equipment from a participating distributor.
- This eliminates the need for completing and submitting an incentive application.
- Reduces the upfront costs for you and your residential customers to purchase high-efficiency equipment.
- The full incentive amount must be passed along to the homeowner.
- A line item must be included on the invoice to the customer indicating the instant incentive amount.
Which electric utilities are participating?
Residential members of the following electric utility providers with electric service in Michigan are eligible for the instant incentives:
- Cloverland Electric
- Great Lakes Energy
- HomeWorks Tri-County Electric
- Midwest Energy & Communications
- Presque Isle Electric & Gas
Participating dealers and locations
|Young Supply Company|
1200 Rosewood St
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
235 Hoover Blvd
Holland, MI 49423
1130 Ramada Dr
Lansing, MI 48911
1058 Hamilton Dr
Holland, OH 43528
954 Front Ave
NW Grand Rapids, MI 49504
3710 Gembrit Cir
Kalamazoo, MI 49001
3153 Cass Rd
Traverse City, MI 49684
1915 Monroe St
Toledo OH 43604
Which products qualify for the midstream instant incentives?
|ECM Blower Motor
|Central Air Conditioner
||SEER 15.0-15.9 = $150
SEER 16.0-16.9 = $250
SEER 17.0-18.9 = $350
SEER 19.0+ = $500
|Central Air-Source Heat Pump
||SEER 15.0-15.9 = $250
SEER 16.0-16.9 = $350
SEER 17.0-18.9 = $500
SEER 19.0+ = $750
|Mini/Multi Split Air-Source Heat Pump
||$700 per outdoor unit
$50 per indoor unit
|HVAC Combo Bonus
|Smart HVAC Combo Bonus
|Efficient Circulation Pump||$100|
|Heat Pump Water Heater EF or UEF ≥2.0||$500|
What information is needed when purchasing equipment to receive the instant incentives?
- Customer’s electric utility account number
- Customer’s first and last name (as it appears on their electric bill)
- Installation address
How will your customer’s information be used?
The distributor will use the information to verify that your customer is a member of a participating electric utility and is eligible for the instant incentives. Customers will also be mailed a thank you postcard and brief survey after the installation is complete.
We highly encourage you to participate in the midstream program pilot, but want to let you know that the standard paper incentive application will still be available for incentive processing.
Any questions, please reach out to Trade Ally Account Representative, Dianna Cacko by calling 734-957-2850 or emailing email@example.com